Students who are new to USC Aiken and new to the VA

If you are just beginning to use your VA benefits, you will first need to complete the following Veterans Administration forms.

Register for benefits

  • Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill), Chapter 1606 (Reservists) and Chapter 1607 (Reservists): Complete the application for VA Education Benefits.
    If you served on active duty, the application should be accompanied by a photocopy (certified copies are no longer required) of your DD Form 214 (discharge papers). If you are applying for benefits as a reservist, you should include a copy of your DD form 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility.
  • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation for Disabled Veterans: 
    Complete the Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation.
    You must submit this application first to your nearest Veterans Administration Office.

If you apply for admission and are admitted to the University of South Carolina Aiken, be sure to request certification of your enrollment from the School Certifying Official, or SCO, in order to receive your VA educational benefits. The SCO can be reached at 803-641-6767 or by email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Military Educational Links