Students who are new to USC Aiken and new to the VA
If you are just beginning to use your VA benefits, you will first need to complete the following Veterans Administration forms.
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill), Chapter 1606 (Reservists) and Chapter 1607 (Reservists): Complete the application for VA Education Benefits.
If you served on active duty, the application should be accompanied by a photocopy (certified copies are no longer required) of your DD Form 214 (discharge papers). If you are applying for benefits as a reservist, you should include a copy of your DD form 2384, Notice of Basic Eligibility.
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation for Disabled Veterans:
Complete the Disabled Veterans Application for Vocational Rehabilitation.
You must submit this application first to your nearest Veterans Administration Office.
Military Educational Links
- Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 - Prior active duty veterans (Montgomery GI Bill)
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service
- Chapter 35 – Dependents Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill: Select Reserve
- Frequently Asked Questions about the GI Bill
- Benefit Comparison Chart
- Yellow Ribbon Program