About Technology Operations
Technology Operations is the management processes associated with aligning technology services with the needs of the campus community.
Key responsibilities and functions of Technology Operations:
1. Network Infrastructure
- All networking functions related to Internal and external communications.
- Management of internal telephone systems.
- Providing remote access for authorized users to the University’s network via Pulse VPN.
- Telecommunication management, internal & external, for the University.
- Port management in order to facilitate the access to outside servers.
- Resolving any issues and monitoring related to network resources including PacerCard readers.
2. Server and Device Management
- Management of the University servers and virtual machines.
- Storage, setup, and maintenance.
- File server and email setup and authorization.
- Data Center & facility management.
- Providing inputs for configuration audits.
- Server and user backup management.
- Disaster recovery management.
- Manage and maintain the IT infrastructure library for the University.
3. Application Management
- Create and manage Formstack forms.
- Database management.
- Manage the backend processes, patch management, and CMS for the usca.edu website.
- Work as the DoIT liaison for the University’s ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Banner, StarRez, and ServiceNow.
- High availability of IT services & applications.
To request services or for a consultation, either fill out a request in ServiceNow, dial extension 4357 (HELP) from on-campus phones, or call 803-641-3391.