Arriving on Your First Day!
What day can I arrive on campus?
Move in for new Fall 2020 students will be on Monday, August 17, 2020 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. Welcome to the best days of your life!
What do I do once I am on campus?
Report to the office of the building that you will be living in to check in and receive your keys. Faculty, staff, and student volunteers will be on hand to assist you with the move-in process.
Where can I buy bedding and other dorm essentials?
- A Walmart Supercenter is conveniently located less than a mile from campus.
- Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond are also located within easy driving distance from USC Aiken.
- There are tons of shops and other places in Aiken. Venture out and explore them with some new pals from your floor!
Dorms and Packing
Where will I be living? There are three housing options on campus: Pacer Downs, Pacer Commons, and Pacer Crossings. Every housing section has a large common area to use for studying, free time, and hanging out.
Pacer Crossings residence hall is for incoming freshmen. Each suite is shared by eight people. It includes four bedrooms, four full bathrooms, and a furnished living area.
Pacer Commons houses incoming transfer students and re-admitted students. Freshmen athletes and members of the honors program are also eligible to live here. The suite-style housing has doubles and singles available (singles are primarily for upperclassmen); each suite contains two bedrooms; two full bathrooms, a furnished living/dining area and a fully equipped kitchen.
Pacer Downs is an apartment community located on campus, generally reserved for sophomores and above. Each apartment has two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a furnished living area, and a fully equipped kitchen. Everything comes with the apartment (so you don’t have to get a moving truck!)
What is included in housing?
Every room comes furnished with a desk, chair, dresser, bed, mattress, mini fridge, and microwave. The living area in every suite also has a sofa and chairs and a coffee table.
What do I need to bring to make it feel like home?
NOTE: Before packing, we recommend talking to your roommate, so you don’t bring a bunch of the same stuff that you probably won’t use.
- Alarm clock—which is probably just your phone!
- Surge protector
- Laptop (and charger!)
- School supplies (paper, pens, highlighters, stapler, etc)
- Cleaning supplies
- Clothes! (Don’t forget your swimming suit)
- Clothes hangers
- Desk lamp
- Eating utensils
- Microwave safe dishes
- Laundry basket and/or bag
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener, etc.
- Bed sheets—an extra set too, just in case!
- Mattress pad, pillows, blankets, bedspread/comforter
- Personal hygiene products
- First aid supplies: Band-aids, pain relievers, etc.
- Shower curtain and bathmat
- Toilet paper (the bathroom is NOT stocked)
- Towels and washcloths
- Trash can
If you live on campus, you must have a meal plan. It's required.
What are my options?
There are many options for you to choose from:
- Plan A: 19 meals/week PLUS $125 declining balance (DB)
- Plan B: 15 meals/week PLUS $125 DB
- Plan C*: 10 meals/week PLUS $100 DB
- Plan D*: $965 DB
- Plan E**: $575 DB
- Plan F***: 30 meals/semester PLUS $80 DB
- Plan G***: 50 meals/semester PLUS $125 DB
*Available to sophomores, juniors, seniors, and commuters only.
**Available to juniors, seniors, and commuters only.
***Available to commuters only.
How do I change my meal plan?
To change your meal plan, log into SSC and select the applicable meal plan under the account information, meal plans tab. It’s best to do this the first week of the semester to avoid issues.