Leadership USC Aiken: Creating Career and Community Leaders is a certificate program designed to give our students a competitive edge as they enter a complex workforce and a diverse society.
USC Aiken challenges students to acquire and develop the skills, knowledge, and values necessary for success in a dynamic global environment. We believe strongly in preparing our graduates to be ready to transition into the world of work and becoming effective members of their communities.
We believe strongly in preparing our graduates to be ready to transition into the world of work and becoming active citizens in their communities. Through a variety of academic classes, workshops, and learning opportunities, students gain a competitive edge as they enter a complex and competitive society.
The Office of Career Services and the Office of Student Affairs proudly sponsor the Leadership USC Aiken: Developing Career and Community Leaders Certificate program. The Leadership USC Aiken: Developing Career & Community Leaders Certificate program will offer participants a unique academic and co-curricular leadership experience founded upon the principles of a liberal arts education. This program is open to all majors.
The program will provide:
- A comprehensive leadership experience built upon the cornerstones of citizenship, service, career preparation, and leadership
- Outstanding experiences which will make our participants more marketable in the competitive work place.
- An opportunity to develop a network of outstanding leaders who will contribute to the University and their communities by being active and responsible citizens
- Learn skills that will make them effective leaders in their community and their profession by participating in both civic and workplace activities.
- Understand how to transfer skills (i.e. communication, critical thinking, problem solving, etc.) developed through their academic courses and collegiate experiences into career positions in a post graduate work place by observing these skills in real world settings.
- Understand the dynamics of an organization’s culture through observing and reflecting on how decisions are made, how work is structured, how power is shared, how colleagues interact, how an organization’s mission/vision are implemented, and to what degree accountability and feedback are present in the organization.
- Gain a greater understanding of their own personal identities and how their identities shape their leadership and career goals.
- Have a variety of experiences which will increase their readiness to transition into a professional work setting.
- Learn how to effectively articulate their set of practical skills and tools on a resume, portfolio and in interviews.