Science and Technology
Enrichment Program (STEP)
Silver Bluff Audubon
4542 Silver Bluff Road
Jackson, SC 29831
|Science and Technology
Savannah River Site
US Forestry Service
Premiere Education (HOPE)
100 Berrie Road S.W.
Aiken, SC 29801
|Bridgestone Environmental Eduation Program
1 Bridgestone Pkwy.
Graniteville, SC 29829
|Bridgestone Environmental Education Program
7777 Giant Tire Parkway
Trenton, SC 29847
Program Offerings and Descriptions
A list of program offerings by grade level, program descriptions, as well as standards addressed, etc. can be found by clicking the location choices.
- Standard time: Arrival-9:15/Departure-1:15
- Times can be adjusted if necessary.
- Lunches and drinks must be brought to the site. There are no concessions or vending machines on site.
- A visit includes three 45-60 minute activities addressing the chosen program topic. Those activities will include a lab study, a field study and a hike (unless otherwise stated) with a half hour for a picnic lunch.
- Most classes are outside. Students, as well as adults need to be dressed appropriately for the outdoors and weather conditions.
- Rain: Cancellations occur only if conditions are not suitable or will affect classes negatively. There are times when an alternate activity will be substituted if a class needs to be moved indoors due to rain or cold weather. Effort to address standards will always be priority when substitutions occur.
Fees by Location
STEP/SRS: Free; SRS sponsors STEP programs on site.
STEP/Silver Bluff Audubon: $4.50/student; teachers and chaperones are free.
HOPE: Free; Hopelands Gardens sponsors the HOPE program.
BEEP: Free; Bridgestone sponsors all programs at both the ORR and PSR sites
Request a Reservation
STEP Teacher Workshops
The following workshops are offered through STEP.
Project Learning Tree - Project Learning Tree is an award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents, and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade 12.
Flying Wild - Through activities involving language arts, social science and math experiences, coupled with community outreach and service-learning applications, Flying WILD offers a whole-school approach to environmental education using birds as the focus.
Growing Up Wild - Growing Up WILD is an early childhood education program that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, Growing Up WILD provides an early foundation for developing positive impressions about the natural world and lifelong social and academic skills.
Environmental Education Links
Inquiries may be made to:
471 University Parkway Aiken, SC 29801
Office & Voicemail: 803-641-3769