|Section||Student Services Policies|
|Subject:||Student Tailgate Policy|
|Date:||May 15, 2016|
|Reviewed on:||June 5, 2020|
|Issued by:||Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs|
|Authorized by:||Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs|
In an effort to continue to develop student life at the University of South Carolina Aiken and promote an increased sense of institutional pride and school spirit, this policy has been created for use of the space and facilities adjacent to the Convocation Center, Satcher Field, and Roberto Hernandez Stadium for student tailgates and events held prior to athletic contests.
The purpose of the Student Tailgate Policy is to assist student organizations and/or on-campus departments in the coordination of tailgates and activities and ensure that existing institutional policies related to event planning and risk management are appropriately applied.
- Limitations of use - tailgates and pre-game activities must be limited to the parking lot/grass area adjacent to the front of the Convocation Center, the 3rd base area by the home dugout of the Roberto Hernandez Stadium, and beyond the outfield fence on the home side of Satcher Field. Reservation of the space is limited to recognized student organizations and on-campus departments for student-only events. For students that are not affiliated in a recognized student organization, they must register their tailgate spot with the Student Life office.
- Reservation/ Preparation of Space – sponsoring organizations must reserve the facilities no less than one week prior to the date of the proposed event. Reservations will be coordinated through 25Live software program.
- Responsibilities of Sponsoring Organizations – student organizations or on-campus departments hosting the event are responsible for providing all staffing and equipment for the proposed activity (this includes security personnel, sound equipment, tables, trash cans, recycling bins, etc.) as well as set-up and clean-up related to the activity.
- Use of Alcohol – The University of South Carolina Aiken’s alcohol policy shall regulate any use of alcohol at pre-game activities within the facilities. The appropriate forms must be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Life for review no less than two weeks (fourteen business days) prior to the date of the proposed event. Individuals determined to be inebriated or unable to care for themselves will be denied entry to the activity and/or to the athletic contest.
- Duration of Tailgates/Activities – Pre-game activities will be limited to two (2) hours. Activities must end 15 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled athletic contest.
- Use of Amplified Sound – Due to the proximity of the tailgating areas to Satcher Field and Roberto Hernandez Stadium, permission to the use amplified sound must be granted by the Director of Athletics or designee.
- Open Flames/Personal Grills –Personal grills may be used.
- Damages – Sponsoring organizations are responsible for all costs associated with any damage and/or repairs that result from the scheduled activity.
Reason for Revision