|Section:||Student Services Policies|
|Date:||April 26, 2010|
|Issued by:||Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Life|
|Authorized by:||Vice Chancellor for Student Life and Services|
The Offices of Student Involvement and Marketing & Community Relations are interested in assisting student organizations and campus departments in their efforts to publicize their activities while maintaining the beauty of the USCA campus. A variety of avenues including Post Time Notes, Pacer Times, Café News, and Stall Wall Weekly are available for publicizing. To best meet the needs of the entire campus, the following policy addresses the use of posted publicity.
- All publicity must be approved by the Office of Student Involvement.
- With the exception of registered banners in designated banner areas in each building, all publicity must be placed in approved areas. Approved areas include:
- Designated Big Board areas
- Sandwich Boards
- Open Bulletin Boards
- Other areas approved by the Director of Student Involvement or a designee
- All publicity hung in University Housing facilities must be approved by the University Housing office.
- Bulletin boards located across campus are assigned by the Director of Student Involvement or a designee. Bulletin boards are assigned based on availability and usefulness to the campus community.
- There are a designated number of open boards that are for the use of the entire University of Aiken community. All items on these boards must be date-stamped and approved by the Office of Student Involvement. Student organizations are responsible for removing their outdated materials. A map of all open boards is available in the Student Involvement Office.
- No flyer larger than 22" by 16" (L x W) will be allowed on open bulletin boards.
- Each student organization will be assigned 4 stakes for the year if requested. The organization will be responsible for the maintenance of their stakes and will not be assigned any other ones unless they show damage to the stakes they currently have.
- If an organization does not follow the publicity policies, the Director of Student Involvement or designee will be able to impose sanctions on that organization.
- Big Boards and/or banners may be hung on the interior and exterior entrances of the Student Activities Center and in designated areas on campus approved by the Director of Student Involvement or designee.
- Student organizations may chalk sidewalks in designated areas and all designs must be approved by the Director of Student Involvement or designee.
- Table tents are not allowed on public tables (including food services areas) unless specifically approved by the Director of Student Involvement or designee and the Director of Food Services.
- Publicity is not allowed to be hung for more than 10 days unless specific approval is given by the Director of Student Involvement or designee.
Stall Wall/Café News
Student List Serv Policy
If a department or student organization would like to inform the student population about an event or program through the student list serve, the following guidelines will be used:
- The event or program announcement must be related to University business (final determination will be left to the Director of Student Involvement or designee).
- One announcement e-mail will be sent out daily to students by 10 am. Exceptions to this rule include announcements made by the Business Services Office, Financial Aid, Records, and any emergency announcements. All other announcements will be included in the daily e-mail.