|Business and Finance
|Etherredge Center Scheduling Policies
|August 25, 2010
|Director of the Etherredge Center
|Vice Chancellor for Administration and Finance/CFO
The purpose of this scheduling policy is to establish priorities to maximize benefits and facility usage of the Etherredge Center, while balancing the needs and desires of the Etherredge Center sponsored programs, the Visual and Performing Arts department, the USCA academic needs, the Aiken community needs, and the overall impact on the USC Aiken system.
- 1) Cultural Series - This series will be scheduled one year to 6 months before the beginning of the season in order to schedule cost effective entertainment. **
- 2) Visual and Performing Arts programs - Events that depend on academic schedules will be honored first unless prevented by special circumstances. Rehearsal times may be infringed upon for high profile events, but not during technical rehearsals. **
Requests must be received 12 to 9 months in advance with confirmation sent no later than March 1 of preceding year.
- 3) Annual Recurring Community and University Events - All efforts will be made to accommodate the needs of major users of the facility as permitted. Priority 1 and 2 users and the economic impact to the University will be considered. (Examples: Oswald Writers Series, Heart Benefit, Aiken Symphony Guild Performances, etc.) **
Requests may be submitted 12 to 9 months in advance with confirmation sent no later than March 1 of preceding year.
- 4) Non-recurring University Events- Events will be scheduled as the calendar permits. Requests may be submitted no more than 12 months ahead of the event with Etherredge Center confirmation sent no later than March 15 of the year preceding the event. Requests approved by the Chancellor's Administrative Group may lead to an exception. **
- 5) Community Events -- Events will be scheduled as the calendar permits. Contracts for these events will not be issued more than 12 months in advance except in special circumstances determined by the Chancellor's Administrative Group. **
** Note: For activities which are considered to be competing for the same audience and/or ticket buyers (concerts, family shows, etc.,) the Etherredge Center Executive Director may maintain a waiting period before and after an existing event competing for essentially the same patrons. The waiting period will be 30 to 60 days (industry standards) between events. Furthermore, the Executive Director may at her/his own discretion, limit the number of competing activities presented during any given period.
All events must have a Production Meeting with the Etherredge Center Executive Director and Etherredge Center staff at least four weeks before the event.