The curriculum from the UofSC Aiken Department of Psychology Palmetto College undergraduate program involves real-world applications involving the perspectives of the various subfields of psychology, and the appreciation of psychological values, in an individualized virtual learning environment involving classroom, laboratory, and applied experiences.
The Palmetto College Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree will provide you with many skills important for various work settings or graduate school programs:
- Critical thinking
- Written and oral communication
- Quantitative literacy
- Analyzing, synthesizing, evaluating information
- Problem solving
- Civic knowledge and engagement
- Intercultural knowledge and competence
- Ethical reasoning and action
- Foundations and skills for lifelong learning
Graduates with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology enter careers in such diverse areas as counseling, community mental health, research, marketing, management, corrections, social work, business, and education. Many B.S. graduates go on to further study in graduate programs in clinical, counseling, school, and experimental psychology.
Program Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible for this program, students must have the following:
- Total Credit Hours Earned: 45-60
- Overall GPA: 2.0
- Recommended completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- A Social/Behavioral Science course
- Humanities course
- World Civilization
- American Government or American History
Students who have not completed these requirements can do so at any of our Palmetto College campuses statewide, or at any technical college. To find out if you are qualified to apply for this program, please contact a Palmetto College advisor.
About This Program
Total requirements for this degree: 120 hours
GPA: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students taking a full-time course load can potentially complete this degree in 2 years if they have at least 60 degree applicable transfer hours.