Palmetto College’s Applied Computer Science program with a concentration in Cybersecurity provides students with the knowledge to work with data structures, algorithmic design, information security, software engineering, and take courses on discrete math and survey of calculus
Student’s graduating from our program will have the skills needed to succeed in the field of Cybersecurity.
- Learn to protect data, programs, and networks by developing skills in programming (python)
- Learn how to work well within a team
- Develop strong oral and written communication skills
- Gain familiarity with various technologies
- Learn about (and how to) cryptography, operating systems, ethical hacking, secure software engineering, cyber defense, digital forensics, and cyber ethics
Program Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible for this program, students must have the following:
- Total Credit Hours Earned: 45-60
- Overall GPA: 2.0
- Recommended completion of the following courses:
- Composition and Literature
- Survey of Calculus
- Public Speaking or Interpersonal Communication
- Natural Science with a Lab
- Humanities course
- World Civilization
- American Government or American History
Students who have not completed these requirements can do so at any of our Palmetto College campuses statewide, or at any technical college. To find out if you are qualified to apply for this program, please contact a Palmetto College advisor.
About This Program
Total requirements for this degree: 120 hours
GPA: 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students taking a full-time course load can potentially complete this degree in 2 years if they have at least 60 degree applicable transfer hours.