Duties of the Officers and Directors
The President :
- Preside at all regular and called meetings of the organization and all board meetings.
- Appoint any special Ad Hoc committees necessary, subject to the approval of the Board of Officers.
- Appoint a chairperson of all Ad Hoc committees with the approval of the Executive Board.
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee.
- Represent USCA-SNA in matters relating to the association and perform all other duties pertaining to the office.
- Serve as USCA-SNA representative to the SNA-SC Council of School Representatives.
- Shall have the ability to delegate any tasks to other Executive Board members as they see fit.
The Vice President :
- Assume the duties of the president in their absence, disability or vacancy.
- Act in any advisory capacity to all committees.
- Be responsible for program of meetings of the association.
- Serve as co-chair for State Convention Committee.
- Perform all duties as assigned by the President.
The President-Elect :
- Be familiar with the affairs of USCA-SNA.
- Perform duties as designated by the President.
- Accompany the President in attending functions pertaining to SNA-SC and other affiliated associations.
- Use the above duties to prepare and automatically and consecutively assume the position of the President upon completion of term.
The Secretary :
- Record and distribute the minutes of all business meetings of the association and Executive Board.
- Inform SNA-SC of all current programs and activities on a monthly basis.
- Keep on file as permanent record all reports, papers, and documents submitted to the Secretary.
- Perform all other duties assigned by the President or as usual to this office.
- Provide a list of all officers’ contact information to each board member and to the SNA-SC Secretary.
- Keep a register of all members for roll call and business purposes.
- Conduct the general correspondence of the association and notify committees of their appointments as requested by the President or the Executive Board.
- Refer to the duly appointed committees the necessary records for performance of their duties.
- Sign with the President such organizational papers as they come into their executive and administrative spheres.
The Treasurer :
- Act as a custodian of organizational funds.
- Keep accurate entries of acquisitions and disbursements of organization funds.
- Prepare a report of the transactions of the Treasurer’s office to be submitted at each board meeting.
- Keep a permanent record of all dues paid together with a registrar of all members in good standing as submitted at the annual convention.
- Submit a financial report to the Executive Board at regular intervals and when requested to do so by any member of the Executive Board.
- Communicate monthly with the faculty advisors. All USCA-SC financial records are to be reviewed at the expiration of the Treasurer’s term with a written statement from the advisor of the review. This review shall be submitted to the President.
The Legislative Director :
- Promote political awareness among nursing students and plan legislative activities on a campus level.
- Serve as the USCA-SNA liaison to the SNA-SC legislative committee.
- Serve as chairperson of the Legislative Committee.
- Serve as chairperson of the Bylaws Committee.
The Fundraising Director :
- Serve as chairperson of the Fundraising Committee.
- Keep complete records of all income and expenditures from fundraising projects.
- Submit to the Treasurer all funds raised within one week after each event.
The Community Health Director :
- Serve as chairperson of Community Health Committee.
- Promote, plan, carry out and evaluate at least one community health activity in the surrounding community.
- Keep records with signatures of those members participating in community activities.
- Submit copies of all activity records to the SNA-SC Director of Community Health at the end of each calendar year.
- Submit copies of the activity records to USCA Student Life & Services office by Spring Break of each year (usually in March).
The Breakthrough to Nursing (BTN) Director :
- Serve as chairperson of the Breakthrough to Nursing Committee.
- Encourage recruitment of minority groups into nursing.
- Encourage recruitment and retention of membership in NSNA and USCA-SNA including sustaining members.
The Media Director :
- Serve as a co-chair to State Convention Committee.
- Manage, update and maintain the SNA link on the USCA School of Nursing website.
- Manage, update, and maintain USCA-SC Facebook page and other social media
- Maintain and update the SNA Bulletin Board in the SON Food Court with up-to-date information and announcements.
- Publicize events of USCA-SNA when requested by the officers or ad hoc committee chairs.
- Submit to the Treasurer receipts for any materials and printing for publicity/newspaper for reimbursement
Class Representatives :
- Report to their respective class about planned events and projects discussed at USCA-SNA meetings.
- Act as a liaison between respective classes and the Board of Officers.
- Attend Executive Board meetings and monthly USCA-SNA chapter meetings.