USC Aiken's Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Spanish Maymester
May 4-18, 2024
Estimated Costs: ($2,400-3,000) + Airfare ($1,200-1,800)
This study abroad program can accommodate only 16 students a year. The price will vary depending on the total number of students participating.
- Students earn 4 hours of transfer credit for Spanish 102, Spanish 210, or Spanish 316/317 at the prestigious Universitas Castellae in Valladolid, Spain. Students will be taking Spanish Language class from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday – Friday for 2 weeks (40 hours of classes).
- Live with a Spanish family, three home cooked meals per-day provided. Return to your host family after class for lunch.
- In the evenings, students will attend a variety of different Cultural Activities within the city of Valladolid and surrounding areas and on Saturday take a Day-Excursion to one of the historic cities of the region, such as Salamanca or Segovia.
- By participating in this program, students will receive full health insurance and have full access to facilities such as libraries, internet, computer labs etc. of Universitas Castellae.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will earn transfer credit for Spanish 102 or 210 at USCA and receive an official transcript from Universitas Castellae.
The application deadline for the program will be during mid-spring semester or right before spring break.
- The first payment, which would be the deposit, may need to be done 1 week after deadline.
- The second deposit may be made 2 weeks after the deposit is made. This payment will work as a portion of this payment and will be used for airline tickets and may not be refundable in case of cancellation.
- The last deposit may be done 1 week after the 2nd payment is done. For the last payment students will pay the remainder of the balance.
Extra costs not included in this price:
- Transportation to and from the Augusta Regional Airport
- Personal spending money
To learn more about the Universitas Castellae and the city of Valladolid visit the Universitas Castellae website and watch the short video at, www.universitascastellase.es