Office 365 uses your existing USCA account to activate the software and gain access to online content.
As a result, you are technically using your USCA account to access Office 365. Policy does not allow the sharing of your USCA account.
You should maximize your screen when going to the install website or you may not be able to see the blue link you’ll need to click to download the software. (see the screenshot below)
You must uninstall any previously installed version of Microsoft Office on your system. No other copy or version of Office can be installed on your system when Office 365 is installed. Otherwise, the install will fail at the very end of installation process. This includes trial and light versions of Office and individual components such as Word. If you need assistance with this, please stop by the Help Desk.
You may be prompted to register your copy of Office 365 shortly after installing and using it for the first time.
365 has several different screens at its disposal to ask for your registration. Which particular screen you get depends on when you are asked to register. In most cases you'll see the screens shown below. No matter when you're asked to register, you should use your USCA Email address and password to complete registration.
Register Your Copy
When a screen similar to the one shown below pops-up, click the option to use an "Organizational Account" or "Institutional Account".
Enter your USCA Email address and password. Then click 'Sign In". Registration should be complete at that point.
Things to Remember
You can only install Office 365 on up to five devices. This includes Windows and Mac computers, phones and tablets.
Your copy of Office 365 is only valid as long as your USCA Email account is active. Faculty and Staff will typically have a day or two after leaving the University before deactivation occurs. Students should expect deactivation immediately after graduation or transfer.
Please note that Office 365 will not install on Windows XP or Windows Vista.
Also note that you must uninstall all previous versions of Microsoft Office before installing Office 365. Installation will fail if any other version of Microsoft Office is installed on your system.
Once you've ensured your system is compatible and no other version of Office is installed, you're ready to install Office 365.
- Left-click the gear in the upper-right.
- Left-click Office 365 Settings
- Left-click "Install and manage software" under Software from the Settings menu. (As noted: DO NOT use the Password Reset function found here. Your Office 365 account password is tied to your normal USCA Faculty/Staff or PacerStudent account.)
You'll see the screen below.
It shows any current installs with the option to Deactivate any if needed. You'll also see the number of available installs you have remaining. You have a total of five installs with your USCA related account.
- The operating system on your device will be automatically detected and the proper version of Office 365 selected for install. If you choose to install, left-click the Install button to begin installation. Follow any on-screen prompts to complete installation.
- If you are prompted to register the software or enter a license, please see How do I register my copy of Office 365? for instructions.
If you have any problems with the installation, please contact the Help Desk for assistance.