- ENGL 101: Composition
- ENGL 102: Composition and Literature
Requirements: 6-9 hours of 200 and 300 level courses, including at least one of the following surveys:
- ENGL 284: Survey of American Literature I
- ENGL 285: Survey of American Literature II
- ENGL 288: Survey of British Literature I
- ENGL 289: Survey of British Literature II
- ENGL 390: Great Books of the Western World I
- ENGL 391: Great Books of the Western World II
9-12 hours required of 400 level classes with at least one course each in American and British literature, 18 hours required total.
Three hours of independent study may be applied to the minor but only in extraordinary cases and only with the approval of the English Department chair.