The creative writing minor offers students the opportunity for intensive study of the techniques involved in writing function, poetry, and creative nonfiction. Students will craft original stories, poems, and articles; develop critical vocabulary and reading skills; and critique each other’s work. This minor is ideal for those who wish to pursue graduate work in creative writing or literature.
- ENGL 264: Introduction to Creative Writing (3 credit hours)
- ENGL 250: Rhetorical Grammar
- ENGL 450: English Grammar
- ENGL 453: Development of the English Language
- ENGL 460: Advanced Composition
- ENGL 461: Writing About the Arts
- ENGL 463: Writing Workshop- Nonfiction
- ENGL 464: Writing Workshop- Poetry
- ENGL 465: Playwriting
- ENGL 466: Writing Workshop- Fiction
- ENGL 468: Studies in Writing
- ENGL 497: Directed Internship
- COMM 376: Visual Communication I
Total credit hours required for minor: 18
Students must earn a grade of C or better. 3 hours of independent study may be applied to the minor, but only in extraordinary cases and only with the prior approval of the English Department chair. No more than six (6) hours from ENGL 468.