The Department of Diversity Initiatives provides a variety of support to students navigating issues and challenges in the classroom and across campus. If you would like assistance speaking with a professor or a staff member about anything, including but not limited to sharing your name and pronouns with them, we are happy to provide guidance on how to navigate these discussions.
If you would like the Department of Diversity Initiatives to notify your professor or a staff member of your name and/or pronouns we can reach out to them on your behalf via email. Whenever we are asked to speak to faculty/staff on your behalf we are careful to understand your specific needs and will only communicate information that you ask us to share. In order to facilitate this notification, we will need the following information:
- Course name AND course number
- List of professors/instructors to be contacted
- Assigned birth (legal) name and pronouns
- Lived name and pronouns (sometimes called preferred name/pronouns)
- Your choice of whether of not to be copied on the emails to your professors/instructors
If you feel that you may have experienced a Title IX violation as a result of gender-based violence and/or discrimination you may want to visit our Harassment and Discrimination Prevention page to see a list of additional resources.