The Disability Services and Programs (DS) office provides services to students with diagnosed Language Disorders. In order to determine eligibility for services and appropriate accommodations, this office requires current and comprehensive documentation of this disorder from a licensed specialist (which may include an Audiologist, Speech Pathologist, Neuropsychologist, etc.).
Documentation must include:
- The current date and current treatment plan, briefly describing the assessment and duration of this disorder (documentation must be current – within 3 years).
- The student’s name and birth date.
- The specific diagnosis, date of diagnosis, and last contact with the student.
- The instruments and procedures that were used to diagnose the disorder.
- A description of the symptoms that meet the criteria for this diagnosis and report all test results. Please attach diagnostic report.
- A description of the functional limitations of this disorder for this student in an educational setting.
- The printed name, signature, title, professional credentials/license number, address, phone number and fax number of each medical specialist/evaluator involved as well as the date(s) of testing/evaluation, all on official letterhead.