Students interested in studying communication or emerging media can choose to either major or minor in the programs.
Employers want graduates with strong communication skills. Communication is considered an essential career competency. You will consistently learn and practice communication skills in our communication minor to help you be more competitive in the job market.
If a student would like to minor in communication, the following courses are required:
- COMM A190: Intro to Communication
- COMM A241: Public Speaking
- Four Additional Communication Courses 300 Level and Above
Emerging Media Minor
The Emerging Media Minor offers students an opportunity to explore media theories and gain media production skills. Students who complete this minor will gain essential critical thinking abilities to be both an adept media consumer and content creator. This minor promises an immersive learning experience focused on social media, news media, television, film, and video games.
If a student would like to minor in emerging media, the following courses are required:
- COMM A353 Media Literacy
- COMM A376 Visual Communication I
- COMM A476 Visual Communication II
- Three additional Communication Courses 300 Level and Above with media focus