There are many milestones in your student's life. Career choice is one of them. Here are a few ways you can support your student along this path.
- Understand the current job market
- Offer support during the various career development phases
- Affirm the value in networking and gaining experience
- Help your student identify personal interests, skills and talents
- Encourage exploration of all career options and opportunities
- Connect your student with people, places, and professions
- Find the right "parental involvement" balance
Here a few services we offer to help your student make important, career-related decisions. Please encourage your student to visit us.
- Career Counseling
- Finding an Internship
- Résumé Review
- Preparing a Cover Letter
- Networking Events
- Mock Interviews
- Job Search
- Graduate/Professional School Planning
Students are able to make counseling appointments by visiting our office in the Penland Administration Building, Room 108, or by calling (803) 641-3440.