Guidelines for Posting Positions on Purple Briefcase
Thank you for your interest in providing employment opportunities to USC Aiken students. Please refer to the following policies and guidelines when posting positions on Purple Briefcase, our online job board.
USC Aiken's Career Services allows employers to publish information about current job and internship listings on Purple Briefcase for intervals of 90 days. If no one has been hired at the end of 90 days, it is the responsibility of the employer to republish it (or submit a request for Career Services to republish it) if the employer chooses to do so.
If the employer's position is filled within 90 days, it is the responsibility of the employer to expire the job posting (or submit a request for Career Services to expire the posting) and to notify Career Services that the position has been filled.
Employers are expected to maintain the confidentiality of student information, regardless of source, including a job board database.
We reserve the right to decline requests that we deem inappropriate or predatory.
Commission-only postings will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Career Services will not publish any employment opportunity which:
- in any way violates any state or federal laws.
- involves on-campus solicitation or on-campus sales.
- provides the applicant with a financial incentive for recruiting other applicants.
- requires the applicant to obtain a line of credit, or accept checks or packages by mail.
- is contingent upon the applicant paying a fee for employment or placement services.
- requires the applicant to make a financial investment prior to starting employment (e.g. purchase or rent any type of sales kit or presentation supplies, make a fee payment).
- is for a home-based business or resides in a private residence unless overseen by an approved agency.
- is virtual/online or requires the applicant to use his/her own computer, equipment, or supplies.
Career Services will not publish an employment opportunity if:
- The employer does not offer equal opportunity employment to applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- There is not enough information provided in the posting to verify that the organization offering the employment opportunity is an established company.
- The posting is an advertisement for competitions or contests.
Third party recruiters are allowed to post positions if the agency agrees to:
- Provide to Career Services staff, if requested, the contact information for the organization for which the third party is providing recruiting services
- State that it is recruiting for a third party
- State that it will not charge any fees to students or alumni
- Not disclose job seeker’s information to other employers/organizations without obtaining prior written consent from the job seeker USC Aiken shall not be responsible to anyone who posts, accesses, or uses Purple Briefcase for any direct/indirect harm, damage, or loss incurred in connection with such use. USC Aiken does not claim any responsibility or obligation to assess or determine the suitability of any individual seeking employment, any potential employer, or any potential employment situation. By using the online system to post, retrieve information, or engage in employment activities, the user agrees to the above terms and disclaimer of USC Aiken’s Office of Career Services.
Guidelines for Internship Opportunities
Internship opportunities must:
- Consist of structured learning experiences with outlined responsibilities, regular supervision, and an evaluation process.
- Include responsibilities which relate directly to the students major or career interests.
- Be coordinated through the appropriate program faculty if academic credit is offered.
- Adhere to the U.S Department of Labor guidelines (for unpaid internships).