Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other objects that give protection from broken glass or debris.
- After the effects of the explosion have subsided, notify the USC Aiken Police at 6-1-1-1. Give your name, describe the location and nature of the emergency.
- Evacuate the immediate area of the explosion by quickly walking to the nearest exit, alerting BEC and people as you go. Notify your supervisor/faculty. Be aware of structural damage. Stay away from glass doors and windows. Do not touch or move any suspicious object.
- Assist others, especially the injured and disabled (see guidelines on last page) to evacuate the building.
- Once outside, move to a clear area rally point away from the affected building. Keep the walkways/roadways clear for emergency vehicles.
- To the best of your ability, and without re-entering the building, assist the Police/BECs in their attempt to determine that everyone has evacuated safely.
- Do Not return to a building until told to do so or the all clear signal is sounded (emergency signal pulse steady)
- If the Chancellor’s Office signals a campus wide evacuation (emergency signal steady tone) evacuate the campus following PA announcement, emergency web page and text messaging instructions.