Most campus demonstrations will be peaceful, and everyone should attempt to carry on business as normally as possible.
Avoid provoking or obstructing the demonstrators.
- If demonstration becomes threatening or violent, report immediately to USCA Police 6-1-1-1.
- Alert all employees in the area to the situation.
- If instructed, lock all doors, secure all files, documents and equipment.
- If necessary, cease operations, and BEC evacuate the building by pulling fire alarm.
- USC Aiken Police officers/ staff will assess the situation. Participants who refuse to disperse may be arrested for a violation of the State Penal Code.
- If a class or lecture is disrupted, the offending person(s) should be asked to leave. If they refuse, call the USC Aiken Police at 6-1-1-1.