Vision: Foster Lifelong Well-Being
Mission: Connect, educate and inspire the campus community to lead a balanced healthy lifestyle through exceptional facilities, programs and services.
- Leadership: We encourage exploration and growth used as a positive influence to strengthen others.
- Wellness: We promote a culture of well-being that enhances quality of life.
- Inclusion: We provide a welcoming environment that encourages mutual respect and meets the needs of a diverse population.
- Accountability: We are ethically and professionally responsible and responsive to our community.
- Collaboration: We are committed to working with others to provide opportunities that will promote camaraderie and lifelong connections.
- Development: We contribute to the ongoing growth and enrichment of the whole person through experiential learning
The Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness is made up of a 25,000 square foot Wellness Center located in the Business and Education Building (B&E), a six lane Natatorium located in the Student Activities Building and Outdoor Intramural Fields and Recreation space.
Wellness Center: The Wellness Center includes a large fitness area with cardiovascular equipment (bikes, rowers, treadmills, ski machines, elliptical cross trainers and stair steppers), selectorized and plate-loaded weight equipment, dumbbells and a 1/16 mile walking track. There is a studio with wall to wall mirrors, gymnasium, dry sauna, locker rooms, and an exercise physiology laboratory, as well as an instructional classroom. The facility is supervised by CPR trained staff. (The Wellness Center used to have a Jacuzzi but this area is not functioning and at this time will not be repaired.)
Natatorium: The Natatorium includes a six lane pool and locker rooms. This facility is supervised by certified lifeguards during open swim hours and special programs. One on one swimming lessons are available through our personal training program.
Intramural and Outdoor Recreation Space: The main outdoor intramural fields are located by the Varsity Softball complex with the IM softball field located behind the Residence Halls. There is also a Disc Golf Course and Cross Country path located near the Varsity Baseball Complex. Indoor sports are played in the SAC Gym.