Departmental scholarships are awarded annually in the areas of biology and geology. Scholarship recipient are selected based on a number of criteria that may include scholarship requirements, financial need, academic performance, and areas of interest/work. Some awards are dependent on donor funds and may not be available every year.
- A call for scholarship applications will be made each year during the spring semester.
- Student applications will be reviewed by a Biology/Geology faculty Scholarship and Awards Committee.
- The Committee will recommend individual students for awards based on scholarship criteria and need.
- All recommendations will be reviewed and voted upon by the faculty of the Department of Biology and Geology, who will make the final decisions.
- Students who have received an award will be notified by the USC Aiken Financial Aid Office by the end of the spring semester or when funds become available.
- Awards are made in the spring semester and become available during the following academic year. For example, awards made in Spring 2021 will be available in August 2021.
Send a copy of your completed application form along with the Faculty Recommendation Form to the faculty member that has agreed to recommend you for a scholarship.