Applications / Nominations
USC Aiken Alumni Executive Board Applications / Nominations
The USC Aiken Alumni Association is issuing a call for applications / nominations for the USC Aiken Alumni Executive Board. Below is the online link to the application nomination form.
Nominate or Apply to Serve on the Alumni Executive Board Now!
The USC Aiken Alumni Association serves more than 16,000 alumni and seeks to have a board that reflects the diversity present within the alumni body. The one common trait of all candidates will be their ability to: "Advance USC Aiken by engaging all alumni."
The Alumni Executive Board is an advisory group for and represents the Alumni Association. The board is comprised of 15 members who must be active members (contribution of at least $25 made during the current fiscal year), and shall serve 2 year terms. The Board will have at least one representative from each of the two colleges and from each of the three professional schools. Members will be selected by the Executive Committee of the Alumni Board.
Candidates for the USC Aiken Alumni Executive Board are expected to:
- Accept and abide by the principles and mission of the Board;
- Follow code of conduct, conflict of interest and confidentiality policies;
- Represent all alumni, not just their own school and classmates;
- Work in partnership with the Department of Alumni Relations in the oversight, management, and operations of the Alumni Association;
- Share ideas and react to proposals about how best to engage alumni in USC Aiken’s work, and promote interest among alumni in attending alumni events;
- Reach out to friends, neighbors, colleagues and associates to identify USC Aiken alumni and encourage their involvement in the association and its chartered organizations.
- Attend board meetings in person or by special arrangement and participate in teleconferences as needed to discuss alumni association activities;
- Participate regularly in alumni activities on campus, in South Carolina, or in their region.
USC Aiken Alumni Executive Board Job Description
The USC Aiken Alumni Association serves all alumni of the University of South Carolina Aiken.The purpose of the association is to advance the best interests and well being of USC Aiken by engaging all alumni in the life of the institution through communication, programming, services, and volunteer opportunities. The Executive Board of the USC Aiken Alumni Association has authority over the affairs of the USC Aiken Alumni Association. The Board partners with the Department of Alumni Relations in the core functions of the department to further the goals of the mission of the University. Board members serve on behalf of all alumni rather than any school or constituency.
TERM OF OFFICE
Board members are elected to a two-year term, and may considered for re-election at the conclusion of that term.
- Able to commit enough time to successfully complete all of the job duties and responsibilities
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to listen, analyze, think strategically, and use sound judgment in weighing facts and issues for decision-making
- Ability to work well with people individually and as part of a team
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Board, you will be expected to:
- Accept and abide by the principles and mission of the Board.
- Attend all meetings of the Board, which meets four times annually. Members who cannot attend meetings in person are expected to participate in the meetings via conference call.
- Serve as an active member of at least one Board committee.
- Actively participate in fundraising/solicitation events.
- Be prepared for discussion by reviewing the agenda and all supporting materials prior to council or committee meetings.
- Provide input and be a responsible voting member.
- Contribute annually to the university at a level that is based on your own personal financial situation.
- Complete an annual Board evaluation.
- Follow code of ethics, conflict of interest, and confidentiality policies.
Additional Board Member best practices
- Participate in meetings by asking questions, making suggestions, and voicing your concerns and/or endorsements.
- Participate in the continuous development, implementation, and review of the strategic plan.
- Collaborate in good faith as partners with fellow council members and staff to achieve organizational goals.
- Respond to requests for input or guidance.
- Attend university-wide or alumni events that support the mission of the Alumni Association on campus or in your local area.
- Act as an ambassador for the university, and promote the association and the university as appropriate in day to day interactions.
- Volunteer at events.
- Identify highly qualified candidates and nominate those who will bring strength to the Board.
- Encourage fellow alumni to support the USC Aiken Alumni Association through participation in its programs and services.
It is essential that every board member commit to making a meaningful contribution — and not just to meeting minimal compliance. All terms for the USC Aiken Executive Board members are for two years and all members will be required to comply with code of conduct, conflict of interest, and confidentiality policies as stipulated by any applicable law and by university policies.
The Executive Committee will only consider candidates for the USC Aiken Alumni Board whose application / nomination forms are complete and submitted to the Alumni Relations office by the deadline date of June 15th.
Please send your application / nomination form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Randy Duckett, Director of Alumni Relations
USC Aiken Alumni Association
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29803
If you have questions about the application / nomination process, or have additional questions, please contact Randy Duckett at email@example.com or 803-641-3480.