Unique Vacations, Outstanding Service and Great Values are always our promise to you!
Through our partnership with the USC Aiken Pacer Travel Club, we are pleased to offer travel club members exclusive amenities, special savings and bonus gift.
Let Our Experience Enhance Yours!
Agent/USC Aiken Concierge
The Travel Mechanic is a fully licensed and insured full-service travel agency located in Aiken, South Carolina.
Please visit us at:
803-335-1411 or 888-266-3110
- Complete the application to join the Pacer Travel Club and submit with your payment (made payable to the Aiken Partnership) to Mary Driscoll, USC Aiken, 471 University Parkway, Aiken, SC 29801. You must be a travel club member to travel with us.
Pacer Travel Club Application
Review the upcoming trips and contact The Travel Mechanic (unless otherwise indicated) to make your reservation for the trips you are interested in.
Jennie Mechanic or Robbie Robb
Suggest a Destination
October 3-7, 2018
Holiday Trip - New York City
December 8-11, 2016
A visit to the city that lights up into a winter wonderland each year.
Downton Abbey VIP Private Tour
April 6–12, 2015 (six nights, seven days)
Highclere Castle, Hampton Court Palace, Blenheim Palace, London, and the university city of Oxford.
A favorite for all Downton Abbey fans who were able to relive some of their favorite moments through and exclusive access visit to Highclere Castle, the family home of the Earl and Countess of Carnarvon. In addition, there were “On Location” visits to some of the Oxfordshire Cotswolds villages featured in the different episodes of the television series. Topped and tailed with time in London, the tour also included leisurely visits to Hampton Court Palace, Blenheim Palace and the university city of Oxford.
Cruising the Pacific Northwest
May 16–24, 2015
Travelers recounted the Lewis & Clarke Expedition on the Columbia River aboard the American Empress, the largest and most elegant riverboat in the Pacific Northwest.
Spotlight on Washington, D.C.
May 6-12, 2015
The Omni shoreham Hotel served as home page during this six-night say in the Nation's Capital. Highlights included:
- U.S. Capitol Building Tour
- World War II Memorial
- White House Visitor Center
- Mount Vernon
- Arlington National Cemetery
- Smithsonian Institution
- Washington National Cathedral
- Ford's Theatre
Taste of Ireland
June 11– 18, 2015
California Rail Discovery
July 22–28, 2015
Featuring San Francisco, Lake Tahoe & the Napa Valley Wine Train.
- Two Rail Experiences Napa Valley Wine Train Sierra Nevada Rail Journey
- Lake Tahoe Paddlewheeler Cruise
- San Francisco City Tour
- Wine Tasting & Lunch (Napa Valley Wine Train)
- Old Town Sacramento
- Virginia City
- Three Night Stay in San Francisco
- Two Night Stay in Lake Tahoe
French Culture, Cuisine and Art
Avalon River Cruise, Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches
July 28–August 4, 2015
Travelers explored scenic northern France and experienced the romance of Paris onboard this special art and impressionist cruise.
8 day round trip Paris
Visit to Giverny
Excursions to Normandy beaches
Visit Auvers-sur-Oise and Rouen’s cathedral
Guided tour of Paris
Special on board art lectures as well as multiple art-focused excursions
Denali Land & Sea Adventure
June 23 - July 3, 2016
Holland America’s Denali Land & Sea Adventure! The mountain is massive, rising over 20,000 feet. Spotting moose, caribou, or grizzlies in the wild is equally monumental. No wonder Denali National Park is on every Alaska cruise goer’s must-see list.
- 2 nights Denali with Tundra Wilderness Tour
- Riverboat Discovery Cruise
- McKinley Explorer domed rail between Anchorage and Denali
- 7 day Glacier Cruise
Danube River Cruise
- 8-day cruise with river-view stateroom
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Culture Curriculum: Enjoy musical entertainment highlighting Austrian & Hungarian classics; attend lectures on the European Union, Viennese coffee houses and Mozart
National Parks Canyon Country Adventure
April 28-May 5, 2017
Sedona, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Bryce, Zion, Lake Powell
Boston Trip with Chancellor Jordan
July 10-July 14, 2017
Bring like-minded people together who want to make friends and experience the world of travel. A wide range of trips will be offered which focuses on special interests and cultural immersions. Choices range from health/wellness to art and music, business and language, to gardening and dance, cooking and photography.
Travel club members will enjoy exclusive travel offers, amenities and discounts on group trips and individual travel on their own:
- Up to 5% discount on trips
- Discounted travel insurance
- Ship board credits, pre-paid gratuities, private cocktail parties
- Pre-travel “know before you go” presentations
Individual Travel – Pick your Perk:
(one perk per trip valued at $100)
- Free 7 day airport parking
- Up to $300 to spend while cruising
- Excursion credits on optional land tours
- Quarterly travel forums: information sessions on travel related topics
- Opportunity to meet & mingle, discuss interests for future trips, share past trip experiences
- Special events featuring guest speakers from the University and the travel industry on exciting destinations
- Annual calendar of club trips: domestic and international, short getaways and longer destinations, land and sea.Focused around special interests and cultural immersion.
- An exclusive signature trip hosted by the Chancellor (or University Staff) and Travel Mechanic
- Special travel benefits on club trips and individual trips
Club Member Cost
$55 per person or $95 per couple per year (July 1 to June 30 of each year).
All travel arrangements will be made through The Travel Mechanic.
While Pacer Travel Club members have experienced international trips to Italy, France, and Germany, the club also takes advantage of some one-day trips, and weekend trips throughout the U.S.
Such was the case, when members of the club went to see “The Waitress” at the Greenville Peace Center in May 2018. They also experienced the wonders of international glass artist, Dale Chihuly, at the Biltmore for three days, and took advantage of Asheville’s artisans and shops at the Riverwalk District.
Around 12 of our members embarked upon a trip to Branson, Missouri this October, and next year our Chancellor, Dr. Jordan, will be hosting the Christmas Markets River Cruise in late November and early December.
Ready to get started? Visit the membership page.
See you soon!
The Waitress. May 2018 trip to Greenville, SC. The Peace Center.
Biltmore Hotel. October 2018 Trip to Asheville, NC
Preview of 2019 Travel
Week or Longer Trips
Christmas Markets River Cruise
Possible additional : Fall Foliage, Canadian Rockies, or Mississippi Cruise
Potential Day and Short Trips
- Greenville Day Trip (April) to see Tony Award Winner "Come From Away"
- 4 day/3 night trip to Philly, Chicago, or Memphis
Have an idea for a trip?