Intensive English Program Partners
USC Aiken partners with a variety of Intensive English Programs (IEP) in the United States to provide access to a quality higher education experience to international students. As a premier 4-year university, USC Aiken offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, with a primary focus on baccalaureate degrees. International students who graduate from one of our partner institutions at the appropriate level, in all areas of that institution’s curriculum, are eligible to satisfy the English proficiency requirements for admission to USC Aiken in lieu of TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic test scores. USC Aiken has full confidence that graduation from one of our partner institutions has prepared the student with the necessary English language skills to succeed in the classroom at the university level.
1. The University of South Carolina- English Program For Internationals (EPI): Columbia, SC
- EPI provides 20 instructional hours per week to students offered at seven proficiency levels.
- Required Levels: 5 in Writing/Grammar, Reading/Vocabulary, and Speaking/Listening.
2. Agape English Language Institute: Columbia, SC and Greenville, SC
- At Agape, students study six levels of English, from beginner to proficient. Their curriculum is aligned with the Common European Framework Reference of Languages (CEFR).
- Required Levels: 5 in Speaking & Listening, Reading & Writing, and Grammar.
3. American Language Academy (ALA): Greensboro, NC
- ALA specializes in intensive academic English - Preparatory, Academic and Advanced Academic in seven different levels
- Required Levels: 5 in Listening/Writing, Reading/Speaking, and Grammar in Communication.