Faculty are invited to submit applications for the following endowed chairs/professorships. Appointments will begin in the Fall 2023 term.
Awards for each year of the three-year term will depend on availability of funds. Stipends may be received as additional salary (in which case fringe benefits will be factored in as part of the $5,000 award) or as reimbursement for expenses associated with research/creative endeavors.
The application should consist of the following:
- A current curriculum vita
- A portfolio of your work that reflects your qualifications for the chair/professorship for which you are applying (copies of publications, reproductions of creative works, grant reports, etc.)
- An explanation of the goals you would pursue as chairholder
- A letter of support from a colleague who is not a faculty member at USC Aiken who is knowledgeable about your work
The eligibility criteria approved in the April 29, 2008 Faculty Assembly meeting will apply: applicants must be tenured and hold rank at the associate professor or professor levels.
The EVCAA will review your materials and may solicit evaluations from the chair/dean of your department/school and/or from other USC Aiken colleagues who are familiar with your work.
Complete applications are due by Thursday, August 31, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. using the application form below.
Available positions starting Fall 2023:
- Westinghouse Endowed Professorship in Instructional Technology – a productive faculty scholar in technology who is making substantial contributions to the intellectual life of USC Aiken
- Washington Group Endowed Chair in Sciences or Mathematical Sciences – a productive faculty scholar in the Sciences or Mathematical Sciences who is making substantial contributions to the intellectual life of USC Aiken
- Bridgestone Firestone South Carolina Endowed Professorship in Mathematics and Computer Science – a productive faculty scholar in Mathematics or Computer Science who is making substantial contributions to the intellectual life of USC Aiken
- Bridgestone/Firestone South Carolina Professorship in Social and Behavioral Sciences – a productive faculty scholar in the social or behavioral sciences who is making substantial contributions to the intellectual life of USC Aiken
- SCANA Chair in Physical Sciences – a faculty member in the physical sciences who emphasizes the principles concerned with the generation and conservation of energy
- USC Aiken Endowed Chair in Engineering – an engineering faculty member with demonstrated teaching ability, character, industry, dedication, promise, and research that enhances the reputation of USC Aiken
- Harry Inder Chair in Maternal Child Nursing – a productive faculty scholar in the School of Nursing, who is making substantial contributions to the intellectual life of USC Aiken
- Mary Toole Chair in Art (#2) – an outstanding professor of Art who has distinguished himself or herself through teaching or creative achievement in the areas of landscape or portrait painting, art history, or some combination thereof. (Stipend is Salary only)
- Cleora Toole Murray Chair in History – a faculty member who teaches and conducts research in the area of United States History
- School of Business Administration Chair in Global Business (#1) – a productive faculty scholar in global business who is making substantial contributions to the intellectual life of USC Aiken