Instructor and Coordinator/RPSEC Professional Learning
- Candidate, USC Ph.D. Educational Leadership Program
- Master of Education - Secondary Mathematics, University of South Carolina, December 1982
- Bachelor of Science - Mathematics Education, South Carolina State University, June 1973
- NASSP Leader 1 2 3 - Endorsed Facilitator December 1994
- ADEPT Endorsed Observer
- Education Trust Standards in Practice - Endorsed Facilitator July 2001
- Endorsed in Cognitive Coach Seminar Training 2006
- Coordinator, Professional Learning, Ruth Patrick Science Education Center, USC Aiken 2011 - Present
- Coordinator, Central Savannah Regional S2MART Center (CSRA Mathematics & Science Regional Center) – USC Aiken 2002 - 2011
- Central Savannah River Area Hub, Director 1998 - 2002
- Faculty USC Aiken, School of Education, Instructor 1997 – 2008
- USC Aiken Mathematics Department, Instructor 1995 - 1999
- Co-Director USC Aiken GEAR-UP 1999 – Fall 2004
- Mathematics Specialist CSRA HUB, Ruth Patrick Science Ed. Center 1993 - 1998
- Instructor, Mathematics USC Aiken Mathematics Department August 1996 - December 1999
- Secondary Mathematics Teacher, Aiken HS & South Aiken HS, Aiken County Public Schools 1973 - 1992
- Curriculum Coordinator, Middle & High School Education -Aiken County Public Schools 1992-1993
- Director - Aiken County Summer Technical Enrichment Program (STEP) - Summer 1992, 1993
- Public Education Partners Executive Board Spring 2008 - Present
- USC Aiken Chapter Phi Delta Kappa - Charter Member, President 96-97, 97-98, Research Rep. 2001-02
- SCCTM - South Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics, SCCTM Executive Board 96-97, 97-98
- NCTM - National Council of Teachers of Mathematics --SC Rep. 96-97, 97-98, ACCTM Rep. 2000-2002
- SCCSM & NCSM - National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics
- NSDC -National Staff Development Council
- South Carolina Alliance of Black School Educators Executive Board 2006 - 2009
Professional Activities, Presentations, Publications (Selected)
- S2MART Center Title I Initiative Team Support 2009 - Present
- Mathematics and Science Coaching Institute 4 and Year Three Coaching Monthly Support 2002- Present
- Teacher Work Sample Conference, Coastal Carolina University, November 18, 2005
- Praxis II Training, Columbia, SC September 16, 2005;
- South Carolina Induction Planning Committee, CERRA & the Division of Educator Quality and Leadership, Columbia, SC January 31, 2006 & March 9, 2006
- Allen, G.W. South Carolina Alliance of Black School Educators, Myrtle Beach, SC, 2005 - 2006, 2008
- Allen, G. W. & Bridget Coleman. Geoboard Software Application. South Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference, Charlotte, NC October 16 – 17, 2002.
- Allen, G. W. & Johnson, G. SC's Replication of the West Ed Leadership Academy , Replicator's Preconference Meeting, West Ed Leadership Conference, Orlando, Florida August 9-12, 2002
- Allen, Gloria W., Coleman, B., & Johnson, G. Geoboard Software Application on the TI -73. South Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference, Greenville, SC, October, 2001
- Allen, Gloria W., Data Gathering with Graphing Calculator Analysis, Algebra I, II and Precalculus,
- NCTM Southern Regional Conference; Tampa, Florida, March 1998.
- Allen, Gloria W., A Mathematical Montage: Stories and Strategies That Promote Mathematical Literacy, NCTM Regional Conference - Atlanta, GA, February 1997.
- Allen, Gloria W., Blending Assessment with Instruction. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference, Knoxville Tennessee. October 1995.
- Allen, Gloria W., Steiner Points, A Discrete Mathematics Inquiry Problem, South Carolina Council of Teachers of Mathematics Conference, Myrtle Beach, SC, November 1995.
- Allen, Gloria W., SC HUBS Hold Much Promise: An Update of South Carolina's Statewide Initiative, South Carolina's Education Newspaper, Quest. April 1994.
- Allen, Gloria, Cluster School Leadership Academy, SC Pivotal Pieces Special Edition Newsletter, Spring 2001
- Allen, Gloria W., Coordination of USC Aiken Instructional Fair in Mathematics, Science, and Technology, Co-Sponsored by SC SSI, Local School Districts, and USC Aiken Chapter of Phi Delta Kappa. January, 1999 - 2002
- Aiken County School District Teacher of the Year 1991-1992
- South Carolina Teacher Forum Leadership Council 1992 - 1994
- USC Aiken GEAR - UP Saturday Academy/Summer Academy Program Grant Co-Director, SC CHE 1999-2002
- Implementing the Standards in the Elementary School, SC Department of Education January 2000 - June 2000
- CSRA Mathematics and Science Regional Center & Mathematics and Science Coaching Initiative Grants 1999 – Present: Funding Agencies - National Science Foundation, South Carolina Department of Education, LEAs, & Local Businesses and Industries – Over $3 Million