Policies for Scheduling USC Aiken Facilities
Campus Scheduling and
Policies and Procedures – August, 2011
Facilities on the USCA campus can be scheduled for both internal and external group events. Internal groups are defined as academic and administrative departments and units and student organizations. External groups are defined as private, corporate and non-profit entities. The Conferences & Continuing Education Office will schedule and coordinate all events for external groups, with the exception of the Etherredge Center and the Convocation Center.
POLICIES FOR SCHEDULING USCA FACILITIES
1. Facilities on the USCA campus can be scheduled for both internal and external group events. Internal groups are defined as academic and administrative departments and units and student organizations. External groups are defined as private, corporate and non-profit entities. The Conferences & Continuing Education Office will schedule and coordinate all events for external groups, with the exception of the Etherredge Center and the Convocation Center.
2. A Facility/Scheduling Request Form must be completed for all meetings/events held on campus.
3. The Conferences & Continuing Education Office will be the coordinating unit with final approval for all campus facility requests.
4. USCA Facility/Scheduling Request Forms (F/SRF) and the Designated Schedulers Directory are available online on the USCA homepage under F in the A to Z Index.
5. All groups using campus facilities must leave facilities as they found them, i.e. no excess trash, no changes in room setups, no covers on door windows, etc.
6. All groups using campus facilities must refrain from making excessive noise during their meetings/events in classroom buildings in order not to disturb other classes, meetings or students who are studying.
7. Weekend event end times for all groups are as follows:
Sunday-Thursday – events must end by 12:00am, with guests vacating the facility by 12:15am, facility must be clear of all equipment and cleaned up by 1:00am.
Friday-Saturday – events must end by 1:00am, with guests vacating the facility by 1:15am, facility must be clear of all equipment and cleaned up by 2:00am.
*Requests for a later closing time (which may include time for break-down or clean-up) must be made to the Director of Student Involvement for student events or to the Director of Conferences and Continuing Education for other events no later than 10 business days in advance of the event.
8. There may be charges for housekeeping, house managers, technical personnel and/or operations, i.e. setups, break-downs, clean-ups, in addition to any rental fee for the use of University facilities to be assessed by the Conferences & Continuing Education Office, the Etherredge Center Office and/or the Operations Office.
For events held in the Etherredge Center: a production meeting is required prior to every event. A projected set of costs will be provided in advance of the event date, along with any special conditions. After the event has taken place, an itemized bill will be sent to the rental group contact person.
9. It is the responsibility of the requesting individual or group to set up an appointment with USCA Police for security for events with 100 or more participants. If it is determined that security is needed at specific events, the charges for this service will be paid by the responsible individual or group.
10. Parking is available in Parking Lots A, B, C, and D. Visitors should park in the spaces indicated by the white lines. The parking spaces indicated by yellow lines are reserved for faculty and staff; visitors are prohibited from parking in these areas.
11. All campus rooms and facilities are booked on a first come, first served basis.
12. Campus facilities may not be available for use on official University holidays.
PROCEDURES FOR SCHEDULING INTERNAL GROUPS
1. Before completing the Facilities/Scheduling Request Form (F/SRF), all requestors (to include students, faculty and staff) must e-mail the Designated Scheduler to check on the availability of the room or facility. The e-mail should include the following information regarding the proposed event: date(s), name of the event, facility reservation time(s) or the start and end time that the requestor would like to reserve the facility, published event time(s) or actual start time and end time of the event, number of people expected to attend and the room or facility requested. All student groups/organizations must have their F/SRF’s signed by the student organization’s faculty or staff advisor and the Director of Student Involvement prior to submitting the F/SRF to the Designated Scheduler. If your meeting or event will be held on multiple dates, i.e. a sorority or fraternity meeting that is held each week at the same time/same room, it is not necessary to fill out a separate F/SRF for each meeting or event. However, you must attach a list of specific dates for your meetings or events to the F/SRF.
2. The Designated Scheduler will respond to the requestor’s e-mail request within two (2) business days of receipt of the request. If the desired facility is available, the F/SRF should be completed on-line and sent to the Designated Scheduler. A copy of the Designated Scheduler’s e-mail confirming the room or facility reservation must be attached to the F/SRF, in other words you must attach a “proof of reservation”. The F/SRF should be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to the event and sent as per either A. or B. below:
A. If any type of setup is required, including a setup for catering or AV equipment, a diagram must be attached to the F/SRF. The F/SRF and setup diagram should then be submitted to the Designated Scheduler. The Designated Scheduler will sign the form and forward it to the Operations Office. If the setup cannot be accommodated, you will be notified immediately by e-mail.
B. If no setup is required, the F/SRF should be submitted directly to the Designated Scheduler for signature and the Designated Scheduler will submit the F/SRF to the Conferences and Continuing Education Office for approval.
Upon final approval from the Conferences and Continuing Education Office, the requestor will receive, via campus mail or e-mail, a copy of their approved F/SRF within five (5) business days of receipt of the form. Facility/scheduling requests are not considered final until the requestor receives this approved copy.
After the F/SRF has been approved the event will be entered on the Campus Calendar, which can be accessed at:
http://www.usca.ed /uscacalendar/calendar.html or on the USCA homepage.
*It is important to note that the Campus Calendar is used by the Operations Office for heating and cooling facilities and the USCA Police Office for security purposes and to monitor all events held on campus.
3. To request the use of audio visual equipment please go to the following website, http://web.usca.edu/cte/Equipment-request-form.dot, and complete the equipment request form. If there is a specific setup/layout diagram please send a copy to the Center for Teaching Excellence Office at Campus Box 31. Please note that AV equipment may not be requested by students. Student organization requests must be completed by the organization advisor only.
4. Only one F/SRF will be accepted per event. Any changes in events, i.e. times, location, or cancellations, must be reported via e-mail to the designated scheduler.
Request/Schedule Facilities (25Live)