Frequently Asked Questions

How do I order an official transcript?
To order an official transcript, please follow the instructions provided through our "Transcript Request" tab.  All transcripts are to be ordered online and will be processed through Parchment.

How much does an official transcript cost?
The cost for an official transcript is $12.

How do I apply for graduation?
To apply for graduation:

  • Log into Self Service Carolina (SSC)
  • Click on the "Student" tab
  • Click "Apply for Graduation"
  • Select the last term you attended at USC Aiken
  • Select the term you are applying for graduation

I need to get a copy of my records (immunization, birth certificate, high school diploma, etc.) can you help me? 
We do not have any of those records on-file.  Even though we are called the Records Office, we only deal with educational records.  Any forms you submitted upon graduation are through the Admissions Office, even though they cannot provide you with copies of some of the forms you may request. 

How do I drop a class?
You drop a class the same way you added it, through SSC.  When you are logged on to SSC go to the "Registration" tab, then to the "Add or Drop Classes" hyperlink. This will allow you to drop your class. 

I cannot remember my VIP ID.  What should I do?
We can help you retrieve your VIP ID in Penland 109.  Considering this is sensitive information, we ask that you come to the office to retrieve this information. 

I'm a student at another institute, but I am thinking about transferring to USC Aiken.  Can you tell me what classes transfer?
We cannot.   We do not do pre-evaluations.  So the only way to know for sure which classes will transfer is to apply and see what gets accepted.  We know this can be difficult for some so we recommend using SC Trac to get a unofficial estimate of what may or may not transfer. 

My insurance company said I need to prove that I am a student.  How do I do that?
We can help with that.  We offer a form called Enrollment Verification which verifies your student status.  To do an Enrollment Verification Request, come by Penland 109.  We usually request 24 hours to process these requests, but our Records Specialist tries to help everyone as quickly as possible!