Fiscal Year 2016-2017 Year End Deadlines and Guidance
May 12, 2017
Below is information received from the USC Columbia’s controller’s office regarding fiscal 2016-2017 year-end deadlines. The attachment lists the guidelines/deadlines during the month of June and early July.
Few Items of Interest:
- A/P Payments – It is critical that we receive all invoices according to the deadlines in the attachment so that all is processed by June 30th. Any invoices that you receive after the dates outlined, please continue to send those to the Controller’s Office or begin to process them in PeopleSoft Payment Request Module.
- Cash Advances – We will need all cash advances that end on or before May 31st to be cleared before June 30th. Please ensure that any cash advances for your departments or on your campuses adhere to the deadline outlined in the guidance.
- RQs – There will be a tight timeframe to submit RQs for processing for FY2016-2017 so please be sure to have all these completed by June 26th.
- Travel Reimbursements – We will not be moving any July payments for Travel that are attributable to June during post close this year. If your department has a significant concern regarding this please contact Annette Jordan in the Controller’s Office as we will do our best to ensure that all travel is in our final pay cycle for FY2016-2017 even if we receive it after the due date.
- P-Card Allocations – There will be a tight timeframe to allocate your charges in WORKS after you receive your statement. Please make every effort possible to ensure this is completed by 3:30 on June 29th. If you have questions regarding Purchasing Card, please contact Kim Rose in Purchasing and questions regarding Team Travel, please contact Becky O’Connell in the Controller’s Office.
As in the past fiscal years, we will continue to operate with a 13th month for close out of prior year postings. We will accept invoice submission until Friday July 7th and Journal Entries/Journal Vouchers until July 12, 2017. If you are submitting a JE or JV between July 1 – July 12, please note this in your description/comments that this is for FY2016 - 2017.
Year End Webinar: Please plan to join the Year End Webinar on June 8th or June 15th from 9:00 to 10:00 am. You can view this training and other opportunities for training using the following PeopleSoft training link:
This webinar will provide detailed information on timelines and processing of journals and payments.
USC Aiken, a comprehensive university in the University of South Carolina system, offers undergraduate and master’s degrees to more than 3,500 students in 50 programs of study. USC Aiken is ranked the #1 public regional college in the South by U.S. News & World Report’s guide "America’s Best Colleges." The 2017 distinction marks USC Aiken’s 19th consecutive ranking among the top three in this category and its 12th time in first place.